SEO or Search engine optimization or Organic search engine optimization are all different ways of calling what actually is a technique or a process to affect the visibility or ranking of a webpage or a website on a search engine created results. It helps to bring in a large number for visitors to the website.
An internet user cannot possibly click and check all the results generated by his keyword search so it is important that a website is better placed in a search which increases its probability of being checked by the visitor. The following are some of the techniques that SEO uses to get better ranking of a website-
- Using appropriate keywords or keyword phrases
- Analysis of the popular keyword
- Building links to improve the popularity of the website
- Writing informative, unique and relevant content for the readers
Some of the searches affected by SEO are- Image search, video search, news search, local search or academic search. It is an important medium of online marketing that is widely being used by small or big businesses alike. The job of SEO has to be well researched in order to get the desired results. Some questions need to be answered like what are the popular searches in a search engine and what keywords are used to make these searches? What are the popular choices of search engines of the target clients and how such search engines work?
We can broadly categories the SEO techniques under two heads as per the approval and recommendation of search engines-
- White Hat SEO Technique- A technique is categorized under white hat if it is approved well by the search engines and it adheres to their guidelines. It ensures good and quality content relevant to the visitors and is free of any deception.
It is obviously advisable to use white hat SEO techniques in order to get satisfied and long lasting client relationships.
- Black Hat SEO Technique– A technique is called a black hat technique or Spamdexing in case it is not approved or recommended by search engines. These generally include fraudulent activities and involve deception. Tactics like stuffing of keywords on the page or redirecting the user to a different page other than the one he searched for are all examples of Black Hat SEO techniques and should be completely avoided. Such tactics are easily identified by the search engines and are not approved at all.
Factors that affect SEO services:
Now that we know the techniques that should be avoided for a better ranking of the website, let us also read about the factors that affect the search engine optimization and should be considered-
On-Page SEO factors- On page factors are the ones that directly relate to the content of the website and can be taken care of easily while the website is being designed.
Content- We all have heard and read that “content is the king” and rightly so! The quality of a website is based on the nature and quality of content it holds. Thus, it is very important to pay attention to the quality of content. Some of the points worth keeping in mind are-
- The content should be unique in the sense that it should not be copied or taken up from other sites. It should also be relevant to the people reading it.
- Make sure that the text has correct English and makes sense. It should be both creative and easy to read.
- The content should be educational and informative or else it is just a page stuffed with a particular word count.
- Use the keywords that are most searched by the users and are also related to the content. Unnecessary stuffing of the keywords will not fetch you anything.
- The web pages should be linked well to each other as per their topics discussed.
- The keywords should be placed strategically like at the head of the page.
There are other technical and off page factors too that should be kept in mind.
The affordable seo services are reaching more and more business enterprises that are utilizing them for better results and returns in their businesses.